PDQ Funding – Data Protection Statement
INFORMATION WE COLLECT, AND HOW WE COULD COLLECT IT
By using our price comparison service to obtain quotes or further information for products or services that are shown on our or our affiliate’s site you will complete and submit an online form or contact us through email or telephone communications. The information we ask for when completing this includes personal information including, but not limited to; Your First Name, Your Last Name, Job Title, Business or Company Name, Business Email Address, Postal Address, Post Code, Business Telephone Number and/or additional documentation that’s needed for quotations. We keep a record of all of this personal information stored securely.
In addition, some of the online forms may require other information (for example: Annual Turnover, Industry, Number Of Employees, Number of Devices Required.
From time to time, we may change the online forms, and the personal information that we require for completion. This is including, but not limited to, adding or removing required fields, adding, changing or removing the questions or wording of additional information for each service we are quoting. We may also collect and record your personal information if you: – Complete and submit any forms on the site. – Contact us, or we contact you, by email, telephone or post for any reason. – Post comments, material or other content on the site. – Participate in promotions or competitions on the site.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:
This information is collected for the purpose of:
- contacting you by telephone, SMS, email and/ or post with price comparisons, quotes or further information for products or services that are shown on our and/ or our Affiliate’s site (“Information”);
- contacting you by telephone, SMS, email and/ or post to confirm or verify your contact details or the details of your request;
- contacting you by telephone, SMS, email and/ or post to ask about your experiences with the selected suppliers and request feedback. This might be in the form of survey questions, for example.
contacting you by telephone, SMS, email and/ or post with information about other products and services (ours and third parties’) in which we think you may be interested.
- To facilitate communication between you and our customers (i.e. suppliers of products and services that are shown on our site).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To enable you to access and use our site and services.
- To ensure that the content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and improve our site.
- To notify you about changes to our site or services.
- We may also use, and provide our customers with, anonymised aggregated information about our site users.
- Personalising user’s experience and allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services and/or products.
- To follow up with users after correspondence.
Whilst we’ve made every effort possible, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We have implemented best practises when it comes to handling your data including securing our web content and using strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access but we offer no guarantee.
WHERE AND HOW WE STORE YOUR DATA
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the EEA.
Personal information submitted may sometimes be transferred by us to third party organisations as described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area in countries which may not have data protection laws as strict as those in the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information we will either undertake an assessment of the level of protection in light of the circumstances surrounding the transfer or:
- Only transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA; or
- Ensure we have an agreement in place with the recipient under which they are under a duty to protect your data to the same standards as those in place in the EEA; or
- Transfer it to US organisations that are signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- We will make sure that any transfers are not repetitive and only limited to the minimum amount of information possible. In certain circumstances we may need to seek your consent unless there is an overriding legal need to transfer the information; and
- In all cases where your information is transferred outside the EEA, you have a right to contact us for information on the measures we have put in place.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR
We will retain your personal data for 6 years or until such time as we no longer require it for the purposes for which we collected your data. To determine this period we consider the products or services you were interested in and whether or not we’re able to help you find a better price, deal or option in the market.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
When you request Information through our online forms or otherwise, we will pass on your personal information and the details of your request to selected suppliers of the Business to Business products or services for which you have requested information, who may contact you directly by telephone, SMS, email or post. These products and services include Invoice Finance, Accountancy Services, Alarm Systems, Payroll, Auto-Enrolment, Photocopiers, Franking Machines, Air Conditioning, EPOS Systems, Access Control, Vehicle Tracking, CCTV, Merchant Accounts, Fuel Cards, Telemarketing, Business Energy, Business Mobiles, Website Development, Phone Systems, Unsecured Business Loans, Retail Finance, Insurance, Merchant Cash Advance, R&D Tax Claims, Trade Finance and LED Lighting.
We will pass your details to the following organisations (our “data processors”) who carry out certain activities on our behalf as part of our providing our services: The website database being used (E.g. WP Engine) and FLG 360 who provide our server hosting and enquiry management respectively.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our site users, including you, will be one of the transferred assets.
ON WHAT BASIS CAN WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
The legal grounds for processing your personal data are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you. The data we require and without which we cannot provide you with our service is Your First Name, Your Last Name, Job Title, Business or Company Name, Business Email Address, Postal Address, Post Code and/or Business Telephone Number. Additional information could include Annual Turnover, Industry, Number Of Employees, Number of Devices Required, Who The Incumbent Supplier Is) that will enable us to understand your requirements for the purpose of identifying suitable third party suppliers tailored to these requirements.
- You have given us consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- It is necessary for the purposes of our or others’ legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this we shall consider a number of factors, such as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data, the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests are to improve and to promote our and our partners’ services and products, to aim to meet your requirements to match you with product providers in which you are interested, to better understand our customers’ interests, to help you find a better product or service than you already have, to administer and improve our site and to improve internal operations.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at the postal or email address set out below.
At any time, you may ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications.
You can also use the unsubscribe/opt-out link within our marketing emails.
You also have the right to access information held about you. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These rights can be exercised in accordance with the Legislation free of charge.
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent.
You can ask us to suspend the way in which we are using your information in certain scenarios, or object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest ground (or those of a third party) and you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms, or where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases where you object, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Please note that if you want us to restrict or stop processing your data this may impact on our ability to provide our services. Depending on the extent of your request we may be unable to continue providing you with our service.
In the event that we process your data by automated means where you have either provided us with consent for us to use your information or where we used the information to perform a contract with you, you have the right to request that we send to you or to another organisation, a copy of the personal data we hold about you, for example when you are dealing with a different service provider. If you would like us to move, copy, or transfer your information please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you without delay and within one month after assessing whether or not this is possible, taking into account the technical compatibility with the other organisation in question.