WHERE AND HOW WE STORE YOUR DATA
Your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the EEA.
Personal information submitted may sometimes be transferred by us to third party organisations as described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area in countries which may not have data protection laws as strict as those in the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information we will either undertake an assessment of the level of protection in light of the circumstances surrounding the transfer or:
- Only transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA; or
- Ensure we have an agreement in place with the recipient under which they are under a duty to protect your data to the same standards as those in place in the EEA; or
- Transfer it to US organisations that are signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- We will make sure that any transfers are not repetitive and only limited to the minimum amount of information possible. In certain circumstances we may need to seek your consent unless there is an overriding legal need to transfer the information; and
- In all cases where your information is transferred outside the EEA, you have a right to contact us for information on the measures we have put in place.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR
We will retain your personal data for 6 years or until such time as we no longer require it for the purposes for which we collected your data. To determine this period we consider the products or services you were interested in and whether or not we’re able to help you find a better price, deal or option in the market.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
When you request Information through our online forms or otherwise, we will pass on your personal information and the details of your request to selected suppliers of the Business to Business products or services for which you have requested information, who may contact you directly by telephone, SMS, email or post. These products and services include Invoice Finance, Accountancy Services, Alarm Systems, Payroll, Auto-Enrolment, Photocopiers, Franking Machines, Air Conditioning, EPOS Systems, Access Control, Vehicle Tracking, CCTV, Merchant Accounts, Fuel Cards, Telemarketing, Business Energy, Business Mobiles, Website Development, Phone Systems, Unsecured Business Loans, Retail Finance, Insurance, Merchant Cash Advance, R&D Tax Claims, Trade Finance and LED Lighting.
We will pass your details to the following organisations (our “data processors”) who carry out certain activities on our behalf as part of our providing our services: The website database being used (E.g. WP Engine) and FLG 360 who provide our server hosting and enquiry management respectively.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our site users, including you, will be one of the transferred assets.
ON WHAT BASIS CAN WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
The legal grounds for processing your personal data are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you. The data we require and without which we cannot provide you with our service is Your First Name, Your Last Name, Job Title, Business or Company Name, Business Email Address, Postal Address, Post Code and/or Business Telephone Number. Additional information could include Annual Turnover, Industry, Number Of Employees, Number of Devices Required, Who The Incumbent Supplier Is) that will enable us to understand your requirements for the purpose of identifying suitable third party suppliers tailored to these requirements.
- You have given us consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- It is necessary for the purposes of our or others’ legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this we shall consider a number of factors, such as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data, the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests are to improve and to promote our and our partners’ services and products, to aim to meet your requirements to match you with product providers in which you are interested, to better understand our customers’ interests, to help you find a better product or service than you already have, to administer and improve our site and to improve internal operations.